Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

Hey everyone in cyber world! We have had a busy August- but what month isn't busy? As you saw from the last post we had a family reunion that was nice. JT was so excited to see ALL of his cousins, and I was happy to see Andy and Molly and meet Gwen.

The second weekend in August was Jimmy's 30th Birthday. At the beginning of the week he told me he had to go to Chicago for business so I canceled all his birthday plans expecting to something the following weekend. Then a couple days later he informed me that he wasn't going after all, so birthday plans were back on. We had a few people over for dinner and had a really great time. JT was held the entire night by Ashlee, she helped me give JT a bath and put him to bed too! She is truly a helper :0)


The next weekend we had a Brothers Fellowship, dinner party with all of Jimmy's siblings and their families, when we returned home that night a brown recluse (sp?) had created this master piece on our front porch. Spiders amaze me on how fast they can created a place to catch dinner. By that next morning it was completely gone. It was so pretty I couldn't kill the spider.


We have been showing our house a lot lately. JT has caught on and helps me keep the house clean.

JT loves feeding himself. He gets it all over the place, and of course refuses to wear anything to protect his clothes from getting messy. OH well, he is learning to be independent and how can you stop him from doing that?

Jimmy ended up going to Chicago for a week so JT and I packed up and headed to see Grandma and Grandpa for a few days. While there the rodeo was in town. It was to hot for me, JT and Grandpa to go to the rodeo but we went to the rodeo parade. We packed a picnic lunch and enjoyed watching the horses, long horns and cars go by. JT's favorite part of the parade was what followed, a huge semi truck. Of course I forgot my camera that weekend so I don't have pictures, I am waiting on mom to post some so I can use hers.

Jimmy is now home, JT is having fun playing and I get to catch up on laundry. That is us for now. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Margie's place said...

JT looks so OLD (grown up) in the pictures. And I LOVE the spider web. It is beautiful. A recluse would not build a web out in the open. They to hid and be in dark corners. that looks like it could be a wolf spider.
Anyway, great post.
Love mom